Methods offered by CAP
Data set statistics
Changing the data to relative magnitudes
Dealing with zeros
Analysis of Similarity ANOSIM
Similarity percentages SIMPER
Principal Components Analysis PCA
Non Metric Multidimensional scaling
Reciprocal Averaging RA
Detrended Correspondence Analysis DECORANA
Two way indicator species analysis TWINSPAN
Agglomerative cluster analysis
Divisive cluster analysis
1. A PC running Windows 95 or later
2. 10 MB of spare hard disk space
3. SVGA screen running at minimum 256 colours.
CAP does not limit the size of your data set, however your hardware will. To
use CAP with very large data sets (1000 or more species or samples) you will
need a fast modern machine with 256 MB memory or more.
1. Place the CAP CD in your CD drive: the installation process should begin
automatically follow the on screen instructions.
2. If the CD does not auto play, browse the CD in Windows Explorer or My
Documents and click file named Setup.exe in the root directory.
When installation is complete, there will be a CAP entry under Start:
Programs. An uninstall facility will also be created, in case you wish to
remove the program.
Copyright 2004, PISCES CONSERVATION LTD