Using with the Zebra Pattern
You can set the camcorder to display a zebra pattern (diagonal stripes) in the portion of the picture in
the viewfinder with a subject whose brightness exceeds a certain level. The portion of the picture
where zebra pattern appears is an area of high brightness and overexposure. You can check the picture
level of a subject by displaying the zebra pattern. Use the zebra pattern as a guide for adjusting the
exposure (iris) and shutter speed so that you can get the desired picture.
Before you start recording, set ZEBRA to ON in the menu system.
(1) Slide OPEN and open the battery cover while the camcorder is in Standby mode.
(2) Press MENU to display the menu in the viewfinder.
(3) Press > or . to select ZEBRA, then press EXECUTE.
(4) Press > or . to select ON, then press EXECUTE.
(5) Press MENU to erase the menu display.
Note on shooting with the zebra pattern
Even though you see the zebra pattern in the viewfinder, the zebra pattern is not recorded.