Replacing Recording on a Tape
You can insert a new picture, sound, recording date/time, camera information, etc., from a VCR onto
your originally recorded tape by specifying and ending points.
Connection is the same as in "Using the DV connecting cable" on page 54. Refer to the instruction
manual of the connected equipment also.
(1) Turn the POWER switch to VTR.
(2) Search for the start point to be inserted on the VCR, then set the VCR to playback pause mode.
(3) Search for the point where you want to end insert editing, then set the camcorder to playback pause
It is convenient to use the EDITSEARCH button (p. 14).
(4) Press ZERO SET MEMORY.
The counter is reset to zero (0:00:00:00).
(5) Search for the point where you want to start editing, then set the camcorder to recording pause
(6) Press P on the camcorder and the VCR simultaneously to start editing.
The editing starts and new scene is inserted on the recorded tape. The editing stops automatically near
the counter zero point (0:00:00:00).
To change the end point
Press ZERO SET MEMORY after step 5 to go off the ZERO SET MEMORY indicator, then repeat from
To stop editing
Press STOP to go off the ZERO SET MEMORY indicator.
You can start editing without setting the end point. Instead of steps 3 and 4, press STOP at the desired end
Notes on editing
You cannot edit with the equipment which is not connected to DV connector.
The previous recorded scene is erased when editing starts.
The picture may be distorted at the end of the inserted portion when it is played back.