Identifying the Parts
About the ID of the Remote Commander
You can avoid misoperation from other remote commanders by setting the VTR4/ID/HOLD selector
to ID. Use the supplied Remote Commander when you set the selector to ID. When you use the
Remote Commander for the first time, register the ID following the procedure below. Once you
register the ID, you do not need to do again.
(1) Slide OPEN and open the battery cover.
(2) Press MENU to display the menu in the viewfinder.
(3) Press > or . to select COMMANDER, then press EXECUTE.
(4) Press > or . to select ID SET.
(5) Set the VTR4/ID/HOLD selector on the Remote Commander to ID.
(6) Point the Remote Commander at the camcorder and press STOP on the Remote Commander.
After the beep sound, the ID of the Remote Commander is registered, and the COMMANDER is set to
ID in the menu system.
(7) Press MENU to erase the menu display.
When the BEEP is set to OFF in the menu system
The beep does not sound at step 6.