D a t a a n d s o f t w a r e m a n a g e m e n t
To restore backup data from the memory card, select a backup, and press
. Specify which items you want to restore. If
you are restoring data from a full backup, you can select
, and specify which items you want to restore. Press
. When the restoring is finished, press
to restart the device.
If you have a Nokia 9300 and another device that supports data transfer, you can use
to synchronize your calendar
and contacts entries between the two devices.
For information on compatible devices, contact your dealer, operator, or service provider.
to create a new synchronization profile.
2. Select the content you want to synchronize, and press
3. Select the connection type, and press
. If you select infrared as the connection type, the synchronization is started
4. If you selected Bluetooth as the connection type, press
to search for the device you want to synchronize with. To stop
the search, press
5. Scroll to the device you want to synchronize with, and press
. The synchronization is started.
To view the synchronization log, press Menu, and select
application enables you to synchronize your calendar or contacts with various calendar and address book applications
on a compatible computer or remote Internet server. Your settings (what data is synchronized, what connection method is
used) are saved to a synchronization profile, which is then used while synchronizing.
Tip: You may receive the synchronization settings as a message from your service provider.
The application uses SyncML technology for remote synchronization. For information on SyncML compatibility, contact the
supplier of the applications with which you want to synchronize your device.
Your device has a profile for Nokia PC Suite. Edit the PC Suite profile only with Nokia PC Suite.
Synchronizing calendar and contacts information and e mail
1. Connect your device to a compatible PC. You can use the Internet, Bluetooth, or a cable connection. You can also connect your
desk stand to a PC with a data cable, and place the device on the desk stand.
See "Connectivity," p.86.
If you want to use Bluetooth, you must first configure the Bluetooth connection between your device and Nokia PC Suite by
selecting Manage connections and opening Nokia Connection Manager. For additional instructions, see the User s Guide for
Nokia PC Suite.
2. Open Nokia PC Suite on your PC, and select Synchronize. Nokia PC Sync opens.
3. If you connected your device to the PC using the data cable and desk stand, press the sync button on the desk stand. If you
connected your device to the PC using Bluetooth, use Nokia PC Sync to start the synchronization.
Creating a new profile
1. Your device has a predefined profile for PC Suite. To create other profiles, press Menu, and select
. A profile creation
wizard opens, helping you to define the correct settings..
2. Define the following options:
Enter a descriptive name for the profile.
to synchronize with a computer, or
to synchronize with a server
on the Internet.
If you selected
as the connection type, select an Internet access point.
Enter the address of the synchronization server.
If you selected Internet as the connection type, enter the port number for the synchronization server.
Enter your user ID for the synchronization server.
Enter your password for the synchronization server.
Repeat the password for the synchronization server.
3. Select whether you want to synchronize contacts, calendar entries, or email.
4. Enter the paths to the databases on your device and on the remote server, and select the
to synchronize information from the device to the remote server and back,
One way to telephone
information from the remote server to the device, or
One way from telephone
to synchronize information from the device
to the remote server.
Copyright 2005 Nokia. All Rights Reserved.